CITB Training Courses from Aberconway Consulting Limited, CITB is the Sector Skills Council and Industry Training Board for the Construction Industry.
Our CITB training courses are designed to help your construction company ensure your workers are knowledgeable about Health and Safety and know how to maintain standards as high as possible. We aim to help you improve your worker’s skills, increase your competitiveness and deal with the many challenges you face in the modern Construction Industry.
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness (CSCS Card) Course is a one-day course that is an introduction to Health and Safety for new workers in the Construction Industry.
It ensures the main Health and Safety issues are presented to your workers and discusses how these affect them.
This course can also be used as a refresher course in Health and Safety for those who have been in the Construction Industry for 5 or more years.
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness (CSCS Card) Course provides your workers with the CITB Site Safety Plus Certificate upon successful completion of the course.
The Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Course is for anyone who has or is going to have a supervisory role in the Construction Industry. It provides an understanding of Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental issues highlighting legal responsibilities.
This course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on their sites.
Knowledge of the following areas is provided to Supervisors:
- Health and Safety law and how it applies to them
- Their supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safety
- Risk assessments and the importance of method statements
- Delivering effective site inductions, toolbox talks, and method statement briefings
- Effectively monitor site activities
- Identify bad practice and make a timely intervention
The certification provided by this course upon successful completion is valid for 5 years. The Supervisor will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date or have to retake the full course if the certificate lapses.
Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) – Refresher course is a one-day course for Supervisors who have reached the end of their certification date. This course must be taken before the valid until date is reached or the Supervisor will need to take the SSSTS course in full again.
This refresher course, upon successful completion, renews the Supervisors’ SSSTS certificate and provides the Supervisor with the CITB renewable 5-year Site Safety Plus Certificate.
The content of the course is as follows:
- How Health and Safety Law is structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the Manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety, and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural Safety
- Supervision of Occupational Health
The course includes publications, registration, certification, and BuildUK recognise this course as meeting the required standard to work on their sites.
The Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Course is a five-day course or can be provided as a five-days over five-weeks.
SMSTS is a course for Project Managers, Site Managers, Supervisors, Business Owners, and their Clients.
It is designed to provide an understanding of Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental issues on construction sites. This provides you with a CITB renewable five-year Site Safety Plus certificate. You will learn:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural Safety
- Management of Occupational Health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
The course also includes Publications, Registration, Certification.
BuildUK recognise this course as meeting the required standard for all Managers working on their sites.
The Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Refresher Course is a two-day course designed as a refresher course for those who have certification already and need to renew their certificate before the expiry date. If the certificate has lapsed the Supervisor will need to retake the full Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Course.
You will cover:
- Manage Health and Safety on-site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their Management and Supervisory role.
- Understand their legal, moral and social obligations to maintain a healthy and safe site, as well as consider the benefits and costs of implementation to their organisation.
- Identify and avoid potential hazards on site.
- Prepare method statements, risk assessments and other statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
At the end of the course you will receive the renewal of the Site Safety Plus Certificate. It normally takes CITB 4-6 weeks to issue certificates, this must be born in mind when booking the course to renew certification.